New AP-Ipsos poll:
- Nearly 70% of Americans say the country is on the wrong track. (no shit sherlock)
- Nearly 80% believe Iraq will break out in full scale civil war.
- 36% have confidence in Bush on the domestic front
- 43% approve of Bush's handling of foreign affairs and terrorism (still way too high)
- 40% approval on Iraq.
- Fewer Americans consider Bush likable, strong and dependable. (duh!)
- BY A MARGIN OF 47-36 PEOPLE FAVOR DEMOCRATS OVER REPUBLICANS FOR CONTROL OF CONGRESS!!
LOL. I especially love the last point because the traditional media is stuck on stupid. Every time you read a story about how the Republicans are in trouble except for the fact that Democrats don't have their shit together just remember that last poll point. The media, it seems, if full of blathering idiots who are so close to the Republicans in power that they believe the Republican spin as part of their "balanced" reporting duties. Even the article detailing these poll results couldn't resist taking a swipe at the Democrats.
My only hope is that we have not peaked too soon. It is a long way to November folks. I think, however, the American people have finally woken up. It will be difficult to reverse these perceptions. Nothing will get done in the Congress. Democrats are emboldened and Republicans are scared.
Be on the look out for some sort of terror alert. They think that is their ace in the hole.